Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm the King of New York

It's the calm nights that make me think about home again. A light breeze carries fall's leaves through the cool air. Somehow they have managed to cling desperately enough to see spring.

I sat outside on a clear evening just revisiting all the choices I've made in the last few years, and how it's become so different now than it was. The stars stayed the same, but we've changed around them.

The chatter of the helicopters on the airfield is another constant reminder of how my life's album has evolved.

It's the late nights and early mornings when you hear the ranges still firing as the sun has already went down and is creeping slowly back towards the horizon again.

The mix of fiery red and sapphire skies almost makes me forget how barren this place can be.

One day I'll find my Santa Fe, and Jack agrees.

No comments: